A Mother's Account of Learning to Teach Her Children At Home
I am a SAHM and teacher of six beautiful daughters. I decided to create this blog because I needed somewhere to write down what I was and am going through as I learn about the wide world of homeschooling. I figured why not share that process, in case there was anyone that found it as overwhelming as I did! I hope you enjoy your stay and perhaps find something helpful in your own journey!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Renaissance


We have a lady in our homeschool community called The Field Trip Lady.  She sets up field trips, often free or discounted, for the local homeschoolers.  Often, she had mini unit studies the week or two before the field trip for the kids to participate in.  Recently, she set up a field trip to the local Renaissance Festival and made such a unit study available.  Rebekah, Rose, and Rachel participated and had great fun.  Unfortunately, we didn't get to go to the fair because of poor weather.  But they learned a lot in the classes.  They loved the clothing and found the fact that bananas used to be green and red fascinating.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment