A Mother's Account of Learning to Teach Her Children At Home
I am a SAHM and teacher of six beautiful daughters. I decided to create this blog because I needed somewhere to write down what I was and am going through as I learn about the wide world of homeschooling. I figured why not share that process, in case there was anyone that found it as overwhelming as I did! I hope you enjoy your stay and perhaps find something helpful in your own journey!

Monday, April 8, 2013

Gardening & Science


For science today, we worked on our garden.  We planted the seeds in a little seed starter kit from Wal-mart last week.  Today, they were ready to be transplanted into bigger containers under a plant light in our basement.  We have tomatoes and bell peppers to work with.  We put the plants in Styrofoam cups with the idea that they'll be easier to get them out of when it's time to take them outside.  We talked about the life cycle of the plants, photosynthesis, the different types of plants, and what they would (hopefully) produce.  The kids had a lot of fun.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment